Thursday, May 14, 2015

Well hello there! Youtube throwback!

Hello my lobves!

My summer has begun~! So, this is super random, but here's a blog post xD As you all know, I'm terribly inconsistent with this. When I was younger, I used to keep my blog updated religiously, but now my motivation to do so has diminished :'D School definitely didn't help either!

So let's see... Throwback Thursday!

If you've been following me on my Facebook page, you'll see that I moved houses. It's really bittersweet because I've lived in that first house since I was 11! I started youtube at 12 (during the site's early days as well!!), so many memories of my whole youtube "career" are there ;w;

I'll miss these locations so much! I hope I can find new ones at my new home!

I remember being inspired to do song covers after watching some on Youtube and rushing to my dad's office to use his... aawfull, low quality plug-in headset microphone. I opened up some random recording program that was already included on my computer and recorded Suki Sugite Baka Mitai by DEF.DIVA for a group dub audition. I actually got chosen for it! And that's how I met the people I always used to sing with! I still have that recording xD Oh gosh... maybe I'll upload it on my Facebook sometime.

I also used Windows Movie Maker with Comic Sans font for almost ALL my song covers HAHAHAHA. Oh, those were the days....

That was a fun time~ I spent years recording dubs of Hello!Project songs with a bunch of awesome people. I miss doing that actually :'T I would always aim for Momoko, Mai, Nakki, or Aibon's lines in group dubs since they were also my faves at the time :p I shared the very first group dub I was part of in before, so here's another group dub from 2008 where I sang as Aibon!


If you want to see more, you can just search my old username "Micchichanpyon" on youtube and you'll find them. Some make me cringe a lot, ESPECIALLY my mic quality >.> $20 desktop plug-in mic. Aw yeahhh~! I have some older covers up on my Soundcloud and a video with unfinished ones from 2010 on my facebook page.

As for dance covers, I began recording with a chunky video camera. The thing was huge! I have so many old dance covers saved, but sadly my external harddrive I keep them in broke and I don't have other backups :'( Hopefully I can recover the files???? I'm sending it in somewhere to see if I can get them off ;w; Wish me luck...

I do have some older dance covers uploaded though, such as this video and one on my fb page:


THROWBACK THURSDAY! Naichau Kamo~ I didn't do horrible on this actually haha. But still, dat video/lighting quality.......
Posted by Michigo on Thursday, June 26, 2014


In some of my older dance covers, I used to film in front of some windows, and I have no idea why I thought that was a good idea! o.o Of course, it made the lighting TERRIBLE! You could barely see me! Also my fashion sense and overall appearance was... very lacking. HAHA.

The red room with the white double doors was my favorite room to film dance covers in :') It's funny how I associate dances with the different places I recorded them in~ I hope I can find a place to film at my new place that will become as "iconic" to me as that room!


Ah~ I've gotten so nostalgic right now ;w; I have a few followers that have been following me almost from the very beginning o.o Man... just... special special hugs and thanks to you guys! You followed me from account to account as they got taken down and everything, and you watched me grow up and improve. I super appreciate your support TT w TT

And.. I'm just SUPER curious! Do you remember the first video you saw on my channel (and previous channels)? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to see which one it was! 

Also, let's hope I can update this blog more this summer! It'll be an EXCITING one full of fun and 4TE awesomeness ;D Stay tuned to our FB page for updates because I promise you it'll be awesomeee!!


Thanks for reading~! <3

Instagram: @Michigopyon
VINE: michigopyon

2 comments:

  1. as for me i still rmmber the first video of yours that i watched is the HSJ Your Seed dance cover . haha =D ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! <3 I used to be so obsessed it! I still wish they had a dance shot so I could learn the whole thing properly!

      Delete